All those who have a secret little chef hidden in their hearts, Indulge Restaurant in Bangkok takes this opportunity to take you on a magical ride to the kingdom of culinary skills where our experts will teach you the recipe of Lamb Shank Massaman.
Dish- Lamb Shank Massaman
Preparation time- 60-100 minutes
- 4 frenched Lamb Shanks
- 4 Tblsp Massaman Curry Paste
- 1 Tblsp Oil
- 1 Onion (cut into fine wedges)
- 2 Cups Masterstock or chicken stock
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup finely chopped Dry Roasted Cashew nuts
- 1 sliced Red Chilli
- 2 Tblsp Coconut Sugar
- 2-3 Tblsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 ripe cubed Tomatoes
- French trim the lamb shank after cleaning the bone and removing any silver skin, connective tissue, and excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and seal bag shake to coat.
- Heat half the oil in large flameproof dish; cook lamb in batches, until browned.
- Heat remaining oil in same dish; cook for brown onion and curry paste, stirring 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cashew nuts, chilli, coconut sugar and squid fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat, add lamb; slowly cook in the pre-heated oven at 160c for 90 minutes until shanks are soft.
- Remove lamb from dish and cover it.
- Garnish it with freshly diced tomato, coriander leaves and roasted cashew nuts. Accompany with steamed rice and crispy fried potatoes.
With this comes an end to your waiting. Let’s eat! Hurrah!